2015 Personal and Karate GoalsKarate
My Sensei has given us a homework assignment regarding writing down our goals as they relate to karate and our personal life. Since I have to write them down, I might as well put them here on my blog as well. The assignment is to include our short term (6 months or less) and long term (year long) goals.
Karate Goals — Short Term
- Red belt #2 in 6 months
- Class 3 nights a week — practicing after all classes.
- Friday afternoon practices with Mr. Adams and Mr. Whitaker
- Occasional Saturday classes.
- Resume working out at home at least once per week.
- Help Nadia earn her black belt and assist with her classes
- Participate with Nadia at the Yakima tournament.
Karate Goals — Long Term
- Red belt #3 by year end.
- Continue with above numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 above.
- Have a better campout experience this year. Last year’s was traumatic — getting shot in the head with paintball, falling down on a big rock, falling forward while running in the dark — although I did get to use my front fall skills and avoided injury (it really works).
Personal Goals — Short Term
- Lose 8lbs. That will put me back to approximately 160 lbs. I’ve been eating more sweets and sugar than I need to, and should start eating more fruits and veggies. I’m thinking I can do this in about 6 weeks or less. Still, it’s a conscious effort that I need to make.
- Blog about photography, nerd stuff, and karate a couple of times a week.
- Do a photoshoot with a model every every quarter.
- Get more sleep — this actually helps with weight loss, energy, attitude, and so much more. Goal is 7–8 hours a night.
- Use Facebook and online forums less — it’s like candy. A little is good, but too much can be a bad thing.
Personal Goals — Long Term
- Continue all of my short term goals.
- Make my wife and children feel special everyday.
- Stay positive in all aspects of life.